More and more companies are creating ergonomic products for the modern workplace; these products can help you work more comfortably, which translates into working more safely. Let’s take a look at five great options you should have in your office.
- A standing desk is one type of ergonomic furniture that is becoming more ubiquitous in the workplace. Sitting all day isn’t good for you—and many people want to incorporate more physical activity into their lives, especially during the workday.
- Active seating like Uncaged Ergonomics’ Wobble Stool is one of the ergonomic computer furniture options we recommend when you need a bit of a rest from standing. It also helps you work your core muscles, which helps you move more at work.
- When it comes to ergonomic commercial office products, you can’t beat an under-desk keyboard tray. Not only will they help you keep your keyboard in an ergonomically optimal position, they can help keep your desk uncluttered as well.
- Ergonomic office furniture can be expensive. If you can’t replace your entire desk, consider a standing desk conversion—these sit on an existing surface and can be adjusted to the correct height for sitting or standing.
- To boost your movement during the workday, try using a balance board. This is one of many ergonomic home products that can also be used at work. Constantly trying to remain vertical is a beneficial form of exercise that doesn’t require you to stop what you’re doing, whether you’re at work or at home.